Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just a little extra pillowcase madness

Want more pillowcase fun? Here are some great patterns to get you started. Pillowcases are great Goodwill or garage sale finds. And even if you don't want to make anything, you can keep your eyes peeled for great vintage pillowcases and send them our way!

Bella Dia shows you how to make a great skirt to really showcase some vintage patterns here.

Betz White shows us how to make a really quick apron at her great blog.


Or, if you need something to wear, she'll show you how to make this cute shirt.

I know I just have to make one of these vintage pillowcase lunchboxes from Oh, Fransson ...SO CUTE!




Sew Butterfly at Cut Out + Keep made this great ruffle apron. I love anything with ruffles on it.

Even more fabulous ideas can be found at Craftzine
....................including boxer shorts, a nightie, little girl's dresses, a catnip quilt,
Who knew you could do so much with a pillowcase. I love free fabric.











3 comments:

  1. Where do you find cute pillow cases like these? I do have some "baby" pillow cases that have been sitting for years because I don't know what to do with them. Maybe I will give these a whirl. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are alot of good "retro" style prints out right now...I'd scour clearance racks at Target and T.J. Maxx, garage sales and Goodwill!

    I've recently made some great nursing nightgowns our of an old sheet set that has been in my closet for years! Check your linen closet...you never know what might be in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these projects are great! Although I am sewing costumes and stuff for our new house, I am looking forward to trying some (all) of these projects out!
    Blessings,
    Laurie (from TLT)

    ReplyDelete