Sorry that we haven't blogged in a while. My mom was diagnosed with Complete Placenta Previa the other day. So she has to lay low until it moves. So I am blogging for now.
Don't these look real? These are actually made out of coffee filters. We got the tutorial off Martha Stewart here. We have been making buntings, Paper Letters, and coffee filter roses over the week and weekend.
I have been making mini buntings for the lampshades (you can't see them that well in the big picture). I decided to post a tutorial on them
2. Choose a random one, and cut one 10 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch strip out of it.
3. Line up your cutting ruler to 1 1/4 inches and cut the strip.
Keep cutting squares until there is a little stub of fabric left. This should make about 8 squares.
4. This looks tricky but it isn't. Line up your cutting ruler so that the line goes from the corner of one square to the bottom middle of it. Slice it and do the same with the other side.
5. It should now look something like this (sorry that it's a little blurry).
6. Do the same with all of the squares. When you are done with that, go back step 2 and do it with all of the fabric scraps.
7. You have two options on this step (a) Put your ric-rac under your foot and place a flag infront of the foot and sew it onto the ric-rac face down. Repeat with all of the flags.
or (b) Glue each of the flags onto the ric-rac face down.
8. Bring the ends of the ric-rac together and sew or glue them together. Turn it inside-out and tada! You're done!!!!